About the Advisory Committee
The Advisory Committee assists the Healthy Living Center of Excellence (HLCE) in achieving strategic objectives by providing insight, advice, and support relative to programs, training, outreach, and fundraising endeavors while providing links to the various stakeholder communities.
The role of Advisory Committee members includes:
- Providing advice and insight relative to the HLCE’s vision and strategic direction.
- Providing information on the needs and views of our stakeholders.
- Providing feedback and advice on programs and trainings.
- Communicating, endorsing and advocating the HLCE’s interests to external constituencies such as the community, business, organizations, and the provincial and federal governments.
- Providing a link to the community, businesses, organizations, and government.
Advisory Committee members are:
- Milagros Abreu*, MD, MPH, Founder and Director, Latino Health Insurance Project
- Christine Alessandro, Executive Director, Baypath Elder Services
- Mary Devlin*, RN, Public Health & Wellness Manager, VNA of Cape Cod
- Peggy Flood*, RN, Clinical Nurse Specialist and Pain Education Consultant
- Ruth Grabel, MPA, Division of Prevention and Wellness, Department of Public Health
- George Iannuzzo, CDSMP graduate and participant champion
- Ana Karchmer, CDSME Coordinator, Executive Office of Elder Affairs
- Walter Leutz, PhD, Professor and Associate Dean, Heller School, Brandeis University
- Roseann Martoccia, Executive Director, Franklin County Home Care Corporation
- Nora O’Brien-Suric, PhD, Senior Program Officer, The John A. Hartford Foundation
- John O’Neill, Executive Director SeniorCare of Gloucester
- Ruth Palombo, PhD, RD, Senior Health Policy Officer, Tufts Health Plan Foundation
- Gail Scott, DSMP graduate and participant champion
- Dorothy Slack, Brockton Council on Aging
- Violet Suska*, Health and Fitness Coordinator, Chicopee Council on Aging
- David Stevens, Executive Director, Massachusetts Councils on Aging
- Sue Thomson, Asst. Secretary, Policy & Program Development, Exec. Office of Elder Affairs
*Leader or Trainer in evidence-based program